The Field Engineer (FE) will be located in the MidWest preferrably in the Chicago area. The FE develops and utilizes technical expertise of the product line and its relevant technologies, and is responsible for providing technical support to customers using the products. They will also provide scheduled preventive maintenance of existing installations as well as be responsible for developing/maintaining the procedures required to service and maintain all applicable products. The FE works cooperatively with customers and other staff to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering the highest possible product performance, minimize device performance failures and ensure implementation of service culture throughout the organization. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support and assistance, as well as advice to customers using Mazor Robotics products or services
- Offer real time support to the CSR team in cases where technological support is required
- Investigating and solving customer problems and follow up on the delivery of technical support
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- Producing written information to customers
- Visiting customers to provided one-to-one service
- Ensuring that company standard operating procedures and standards are strictly followed and adhered to
- Assisting (when not traveling) with operations and logistics.
- Ability to trouble shoot with technical skills, creativity and high discipline
- Must be adept at problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work successfully with all levels of the company
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be comfortable and experienced in surgical procedures
- Preferred to have experience with orthopedic anatomy, surgical protocol and appropriate vocabulary
- Must have a strong working knowledge with computers and software applications
- Must be able to build strong relationships with surgical staff and hospitals
- Must be high energy and comfortable interacting with customers and addressing customer needs with a sense of urgency
- Minimum of two years in customer service related position
- Minimum of two years in field related to medical device (preferred)
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Bio-Engineering or any engineering or technology field
- Must be able to travel extensively within territory and occasionally beyond.
Mazor Robotics would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Mazor is an equal opportunity employer.